Saturday 18 June 2016

Being judgemental.

I am not judgmental. I know there is a reason why a particular person behaves in a certain way. I believe that unless I know their story, I am nobody to judge them. I have heard people saying that how much they hate a particular person and I have always said them ‘HATE IS A BIG WORD’. You can dislike someone but, you should not hate.

But, at times I feel as if I am contradicting my own thoughts. I tend to dislike people easily. I feel bad when a person doesn't smile back at me. I ignore that maybe he/she had a bad day. I get hurt if someone doesn’t reply me back. I fail to understand that maybe he/she is actually busy. I hate certain people [Yes, hate is a big word!] just because we don’t get along very well. I get judgmental towards a person ‘cause once I had a fight with him/her. I was the one who stopped talking to them in the first place and still I consider them as egoistic. [Irony!]

I know, I am not the only one. Everyone reading this post has been there and done that. We often contradict our own thoughts and beliefs, don’t we?

We can judge people but, we get furious if others do the same. This is so not fair.

Ever thought of having a heart to heart talk with the one you don’t get along well?

Ever thought of initiating a conversation with the one you stopped talking?

Well, I did that today and I was happily surprised that how wrong my judgement was. I realized that the person I had a fight with doesn't hold any grudges against me. That fight has long been forgotten. It existed just in my head. I realized that the person I don’t get along well has so much to talk with me. We have so much in common. I realized that the hate and dislike was not mutual. It was just one sided. [Evil me!]

I feel relieved today. Hatred is a burden whereas friendship, understanding and love sets you free from this burden.
It’s said that ‘To err is human’ but learning from those mistakes is also all about being humane! :)

Remember, hating is easy but, loving is way more easier. ^_^

#HonestRealization. #BeingJudgemental.

© Sheerin Naz.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Writing Bells. | Blogger Template by Enny Law