Wednesday 5 July 2017

Just a day.

I have often heard people saying "have a good day". I wonder why is it necessary to have a good day? Why can't I have "just a day"?

There are days when I am sad, the world comes crashing down. Those days when I hold myself tight yet fail to keep my broken pieces intact. On days like this, all I wish to survive and exist for an another day, when things will fall in place and my existence will matter. Those days are definitely not good.

There are days when life just goes on. I find myself lost amidst the chaotic mess that surrounds me. On days like these, the monotonous life makes me forget my identity. Those days aren't good either.

Also, there are days when I feel like painting the town red. Happiness shines bright within my brown eyes. I get into profound conversations and reflect upon the blessings I have. I can be seen having a gala time amidst chirpy laughters and quirky smiles. Can these days be called good? No. Because, they are downright amazing!

You see, how days can be sad, normal, good, happy, amazing and horrible (feel free to add more adjectives) for different people at different moment? So, instead of stereotyping people with "have a good day", allow them to have "just a day". Let them figure out what they want their day to be. Fair enough, isn't it?

Anyway, have a good day. Oops I mean "have a day". Don't give up. Okay?

© Sheerin Naz.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Writing Bells. | Blogger Template by Enny Law