Tuesday 13 June 2017

Goodbyes are beautiful.

I have often been advised to “let go” the person, memories and moments that once were a profound part of my life, but are just a part of my prose and poetry now. However, I fail to agree with the concept of “letting go”. I can't just break all ties and move ahead. Goodbyes work better for me. If you wish to leave, don't tell me to “let go”, just smile and bid adieu.

You ask me “What's the difference?” Well, letting go closes all the doors. Once you let go, you give up on that person. You no longer wish to keep a track of their whereabouts. You get okay with their non-existence. You see them after years out of nowhere and walk past, denying their presence, making it all bitter and cold. And, this the last thing I would ever wish to do. Goodbyes are my thing. It lets you cling to an unfathomable hope. The hope of accidentally bumping into you in the middle of the road, few years down the line and sharing a warm smile while reminiscing the good old days. And, not to forget to steal occasional glances of each other. So, you see, goodbyes are heartbreaking yet beautiful, letting go isn't.

© Sheerin Naz.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Writing Bells. | Blogger Template by Enny Law